SCHEDULE OF SERVICES
Update: 18 April 2020
(Livestreaming on YouTube)
Sat 18 Apr: GREAT SATURDAY
- Vespers with Liturgy of St. Basil 8.30am
- Midnight Office with the taking into the altar of the Holy Epitaphion 11.30pm
Sun 19 Apr: HOLY PASCHA.
- Paschal Matins and Paschal Liturgy 12.00am
Christ is Risen! Truly He is Risen!
Concerning blessing of Paschal breads (kulich):
I’m certain that everyone will understand that the situation caused by the coronavirus pandemic means that this year we won’t be able to have the Paschal kulich blessing in the customary way, with a gathering of many people in the church hall. Due to this situation, a blessing is given for laypeople to do this in their own homes for the purpose of breaking the fast period of Great Lent. This can be done in the following way:
1. Place the Paschal kulich and other foods on the dining table.
2. Light a candle.
3. Chant or read the Paschal Troparion with the short prayer rule:
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life x3
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, both now and ever, and unto the ages of ages.
Lord have mercy x 3
4. At the completion of these prayers, sprinkle the Paschal food 3 times with Holy Water..
With love In Christ, Fr Gabriel Makarov.
Sat 25 Apr:
- Vigil 5.00pm
Sun 26 Apr: THOMAS’ SUNDAY or ANTIPASCHA
- Divine Liturgy with cutting up of Holy Artos Bread 8.30am
(Contact Fr Gabriel if you wish to receive a portion of blessed Artos bread).